Archive for Thieves
Tuesday, I attended Young Living’s Thieves Tour here in Little Rock, Arkansas. As we discussed Young Living’s line of oral care products, we were reminded that the mouth contains more bacteria than anywhere else in the body (including the intestines). Bacteria from the mouth can cause infection in weak locations throughout the body. This Bacteria can get into the bloodstream from the mouth in a few different ways:
1. The friction from brushing your teeth causes micro tears in the gums. The bacteria then enters these tears and enters the bloodstream.
2. Cavities provide direct holes into the gums and bloodstream.
3. Dental work such as root canals and tooth abstractions also leave direct holes into the gums that leads to the bloodstream.
4. The bacteria in your saliva enters the mucus membrane under your tongue.
Because there is a mucus membrane under the tongue–which means there is a direct opening to the bloodstream–it is very important to keep your mouth clean. Thieves oral products from Young Living is the perfect solution for two reasons:
1. Holding mouthwash in the mouth for so long will cause alcohol to seep into the bloodstream. The same thing happens when flouride seeps into the bloodstream when you brush your teeth for several seconds or minutes. Thieves mouthwash and toothpaste do not contain alcohol or flouride so if any seeps into the bloodstream or is accidentally swallowed, there is no harm.
2. According to Secret of Thieves, “Thieves Mouthwash is formulated with a revolutionary patented liposome technology (using soy-derived lecithin) that binds the essential oils to the mucus membrane inside the mouth. This enables the essential oils to remain in the mouth for extended periods of time for long-lasting germ-killing and breath-freshening protection.” So your Young Living Mouthwash is fighting bacteria for longer.
In conclusion, Thieves is not only good for oral care, but for bloodstream care to prevent bacteria from spreading from the mouth to other body parts causing infections.